TV Glasses

Hi folks,
I'm SSI and find watchinTV a bit of a bigger. I saw TV Glasses advertised on, I think, the Optolec website for 40 quid and thought they might help. Has anyone tried them or something similar? Any cop?

Comments (5)

Mark S's picture

Reply to Mark S by Mark S

TV Glasses Edit
Meant bugger, not bigger - bloomin' word predictor!!!

Amy 2's picture

Reply to Mark S by Amy 2

In the Resource Centre in Belfast we used to sell Max TV glasses. Some people loved them and some people didn't like them at all. They have wheels at the side that you adjust to focus each eye individually. They are what we would call "footery" - you need to mess about with them a bit to get the focus right. When they are right they will make the image on the tv appear much closer and larger.

Try Amazon for Max TV to see if you can get a better price.

Mark S's picture

Reply to Amy 2 by Mark S

Thanks Amy 2,
That sounds like the sort of thing I am after so I will check it out.

Jim 123's picture

Reply to Mark S by Jim 123

Hi Mark , I've got central vision loss , our T V has a 32 inch screen and when I sit about ten feet away , I can't see anything on the screen ! . So to watch TV I use a pair of Opticron Trailfinder 8 x 25 close focus binoculars .They are light and compact and I can see most of the screen and the image is very good . I also use an 8 x 25 monocular , also with very good results .

Mark S's picture

Reply to Jim 123 by Mark S

Thanks for that, Jim
Somewhere I have some binoculars, like the sort of thing surgeons use, that I got to help with close up work. I find it difficult at times to see detail on TV unless I am right up close. Not good when you are supposed to be all cosy on the settee with the Better Half!